Yaounde Photo Network is an independent Cameroonian platform dedicated to photography and lens-based arts.
Launched in September 2016 as an online project, alongside the YaPhoto pilot programme, YPN aims to support and showcase the work of Cameroonian and locally-based photographers and video artists, through a year-long programme of activities that include exhibitions, screenings, professional encounters, research, workshops and various public events held both in Cameroon and internationally.
The project also ambitions to facilitate a creative dialogue between Cameroonian and international practitioners.
Yaounde Photo Network’s objectives are:
- to raise an interest in photography and related practices in Cameroon
- to promote photographers by enabling them to showcase their work
- to create stimulating encounters between image-makers and audiences
- to foster collaborations between similar photography platforms in Africa and beyond
- to assist photographers achieve levels of viability and sustainability
- to contribute to mutual enrichment through knowledge sharing and cultural dialogue.
Yaounde Photo Network is open to the submission of portfolios by Cameroonian or resident photographers. For more information, contact us here.
Selected articles in the media:
Be Inspired, Brussels Airlines in flight magazine, Nov 2017, pp. 75-85 http://binspired.ink-live.com
Metropolis, 10/08/2017 https://metropolisjapan.com/visualising-africa-arakawa-ward/
Viewbook, Jan 2017 https://viewbook.com/articles/on-images-yet-to-be-seen